Hi! I’m Chris. PowerPaws is my Nottinghamshire based dog-walking and daycare service. I have grown up with dogs and loved animals all my life with particular interest in conservation and animal welfare.
I am in a really lucky position to have been able to move away from my corporate office job and pursue my passion of working with dogs.
I have always been active and had a passion for fitness and improving my strength/stamina. This lead to me feeling disillusioned and de-motivated with having to sit down for 8 hours a day behind the screen of a PC in a large corporate environment. In pursuit of a happier, more balanced life I decided to work towards setting up PowerPaws.
I love dogs. I have loved being around them, and have been around them all my life. More recently I have completed a course on canine behaviour and psychology and I found it absolutely fascinating. This lead me to explore working with dogs as a profession that i’m passionate about. I decided it would keep me active and healthy as-well allow me to be around dogs to help further my understanding and lets be honest…if you’re a dog lover, what better way is there to spend time!
I am quite happy handling larger breeds and more energetic dogs. My physicality and strength attained from my background in competitive bodybuilding allows me to be safely handle the most bullish of breeds, however my own dog is a Miniature Poodle so I do have a soft spot for smaller dogs!
Ultimately, with PowerPaws my goal is to use my fitness and presence combined with my knowledge of canine behaviour to enrich your dogs time with me and to provide a safe, stimulating experience.
I wanted our daycare services to be a family run “home from home” experience for your dog, so even if I have to attend specific dog walks elsewhere, your dog will never be left alone without care from a member of the PowerPaws team who are all fully insured with a plethora of experience behind us.
I am able to attend the areas of : Attenborough, Beeston, Chilwell, Wollaton, Bramcote and Long Eaton but I can make exceptions and travel to postcodes nearby, please enquire.
Why should you choose power paws?
- The best local knowledge and experience available to work with your dog. Every experience will be tailored and designed to stimulate your dog mentally and physically.
- Full liability insurance
- Fully CRB/DBS checked
- Qualified in canine first aid
- Certified by British College of Canine Studies and International School of Canine Psychology in Canine Behaviour
- Registered NarpsUK dog-walker (National Association of Pet Sitters & Dog Walkers)
- Dog-friendly transport available for pickup/drop-off
- Experience with a large variety of breeds, both very big and also small.
- Peak physical condition and great fitness
- Large secure, quiet, child free area available for daycare
- Available all day, 7 days a week